Friday, April 3, 2009

My First Exhibition

I haven't had much time to update here, but I wanted to quickly post about some good news.

A couple of weeks ago when I was at work one of my coworkers, a fellow photography student, told me about a call for entries for an exhibition at the Wayne & Geraldine Kuhn Fine Arts Gallery at The Ohio State University at Marion. I read over the criteria for submission and quickly realized the concept of the exhibition fit perfectly with my Studio II project from last Fall. Titled Something About Nothing, my Ordinary Presences project seemed made for the exhibition. I impulsively decided to send in an entry (it was free to submit, which made the decision that much easier). I sent off my CD of images, and honestly never expected to hear about the exhibition again. 

About two weeks later I received an email from the exhibit coordinator that began with "Congratulations..." I was pretty surprised. They had chosen one photograph from the eight I submitted. When I got home from my Spring Break vacation in Florida, I quickly printed, mounted and overnighted the print. I believe they are hanging the exhibition as I write this. The show is to open next Monday, April 6 2009 and it will run through May 5.

I won't be able to make it to see the exhibition, unfortunately, but if anyone happens to be passing through Marion, Ohio I encourage you to check out the exhibition.

Here is the piece in the exhibition. It's titled, The Trash.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Elise! Congrats!!