Friday, February 6, 2009

Portraits Galore

I don't have much to say for this post, other than check out these portraits I've taken this past month. These are for Story Week, a week-long event hosted every year by the Columbia College Chicago Fiction Writing Department. I had been asked to make portraits of a few of the Story Week staff who needed them. This March, I'll be collaborating with those running the event to photograph as much of the event as possible.

Here are a few of the portraits.



Tom Popp


Andy Allegretti


Max Glaessner


I have color versions of these as well, although I prefer the black and white. These will eventually be posted (in color, probably) on the official CCC Story Week website. They may also be used for print publications. All of these will be giving me credit for my work, which will be great exposure (especially if they like the images). When I get more information, I will post it here.
I think I'm the official go-to-photographer for the Fiction Writing Department. They've just contacted me about photographing the AWP conference next Friday. One of my favorite author's (Dorothy Allison!) will be speaking, so I'm incredibly excited.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I freaking love the second portrait. It looks so classic compared to the other two.

Glad you are the go to girl for your fiction department! It will help you build your portfolio and get some real experience! Go tanner, go!